Monday, November 16, 2015

November 14th : Dear Diary



Dear diary,

“I’m gonna love you like I never lose you, I’m gonna hold you like I’m saying goodbye ...”

Chorus part of the song sung by Meghan Trainor continued playing on my Phone. It was my alarm clock telling that it was already 6.15am. Lazily, I rose up from my cozy soft bed and grabbed on my Oppo with Blue cover hand phone and stopped the alarm and put my drowsy head back to my white covered pillow.

I am not a morning type person. I, purposely, switch on three different alarms in my phone every day – Monday to Sunday as a reminder to me that I need to wake up. I remember when I was little, my mom became my alarm clock. She used to knock on my bedroom wall every morning and yelled at me asking to wake up and prepare for school. ( Now my phone alarm replaced my mom’s yelling).

First alarm at 6.15am
Second alarm at 6.30am
Third alarm set  at 6.45am

Normally, the first and second alarm are only warm up alarms for me as I either snooze on it or dismiss it. The final alarm is the real one which warning me its almost 7.00am and I need to prepare for work – This has become my daily routine till today.

It was Friday ( Weekend for Northern State). I supposed to wake up and go for an early morning jogging but laziness overcame the battle and I decided to continue my sleep again until my phone rang.

“Who is the lucky person to call early in the morning?” I murmured.

Deliberately, I let the call unanswered. It rang again and vibrated non-stop. I grabbed on the phone and looked at the caller.

Rebecca Church – The caller name appeared on the screen. Rebecca is one of those active parishioners who always get involved in every activity or event held in the church. Though she has very bold and strong personality, however, everyone is tired by her arguing behavior and I am no exception.

“Hello...” I answered.

“Good Morning, Ang, are you still sleeping?” I heard a very fresh and energetic voice from the edge of the phone.

“Good Morning Rebecca,” I replied with a “Just wake-up” voice with both eyes still closing.

“Please, come early to the church, today. Can you?”

“What is the event today?” I asked immediately.

“You didn't read the church bulletin didn't you? Its communion mass today and I need you to help with the LCD. There is a girl who is in-charge of it but I need to help her,” she said.

“What time is the mass?”

“9.00am but please come early. Can you?”

“Okay fine. I am about to sleep back but yeah sure!!. I’ll see you at the church.”

“See You.”

“Urghhh!!” I grumbled after the phone call ended. I looked at the time on my phone and was 7.15am.

Yawning like a little girl with mouth open wide and both hands risen up I sprang up from the bed, grabbed my towel and went to the washing room and had a refreshing good morning shower.

I wish that I am to be able to wake up early every morning, go for a jog before doing any other activities since I am aware that my health is decreasing recently. Moreover, Exercise is important not only to keep one’s body fit but is also a positive way of starting the day – Duh!! ... How I wish so.

****************************************************************

Children, girls and boys are dressed up in white. They look beautiful in the angelic form (except they dint have wings). In Catholic life, ones need to pass through five vital sacraments : Baptism , Communion, Confirmation, Marriage / Priesthood (Optional) and death. As a grown up Catholic, i remember i was baptist when i was a baby girl, Went for catechism class every Sunday ( also known as Sunday school) – where we’re taught about the Bible and the love of Jesus, Receiving the Holy Communion at the age of Twelve and haven’t done the Confirmation yet until today.

Looking at how cheerful and beautiful the children are, every memories of the stages of my growing up come fresh in my mind and i chuckle on all those beautiful memories of how i walk down confidently to the altar in white dress with a vault on the head, receiving my first holy communion.

“Children are innocent. They are not afraid of making mistake which make them very innocent, captivating and attractive. At this age, they are at the stage of heroics where they learn from someone they assume as a hero to them. They Don’t throw judgement on others but they earn by imitating whoever that influence them.” Fr. Mark started his homily.

Its surprised me when I was just thinking the same things as what Fr. Mark had just said. True indeed, children never really care if they do wrong or not, as their curiosity is much more bigger than the consequences. Expectation are not in their life’s dictionary yet, and lying is the last choice they have – in fact children never lie only grown up good at telling lies.

‘I want to live like a little child, full of curiosity, care less about others expectation and out of judgmental thought,’ my inner self voiced out her needs.

“Huh!” I signed and let go of my thought.

“The more you show love, the more you will be happy in life ..” Fr. Mark concluded his sermon.

The sermons was so inspiring and spiritually uplifting. I managed to listen attentively to every words spoken by Fr. Mark and I learnt a great lesson that day – Be like a little child and love unconditionally.

~Mea~

*Edited by Mr. F


No comments:

Post a Comment