Sunday, November 15, 2015

Love and Bicycle

LIFE STORY INVOLVING  BICYCLE
This evening while riding on a bicycle at the church compound ... (it's belong to the church and i sometimes will spend my evening riding on it) i remembered my love life story back in University time and the memory was so strong and i decided to write a story about it. Story begins...

Love and Bicycle

Henry and I were in the University Cycling Club together. We were in the third semester that year which was the only class and the only University Club where we were together. Henry was a Law student and I was of Finance.

Even our faculties were near but since we were in the different study fields, we never had a class together. However, we never missed the opportunity to meet during lunch hour - depended on our timetables. 

University life was always tough where he was the only person that I could rely on. That was our third year together as a couple too. Cycling Club was the spot where we had to choose  our Social Science compulsory subject in order to get credit in all the others subjects. 

As usual, every Saturday there used to be Social Science class where we always went together. The theoretical subjects we took inside the classroom while practical subjects were taken outside.

Henry was elected as the vice president and I as secretary of the club. (The entire class voted for me because I was Henry's girlfriend!!). Even though Henry did not think so but I did.

One day, we were busying "practical" and our lecturer, Mr. A, divided us into two teams. I was in team A and Henry in team B. I was very much excited as I loved practical than theory. Practical made me happy and theory left me bored.

After a short briefing by Mr.A, he allowed the team A to start riding first. The distance was not too far. Each team had to travel through the same route which would take about twenty minutes to complete the ride. I was very much excited...Team A had to go first so I was in the team which meant to do the riding first!!

Jessica P.O.V

Yeah I was in team A which meant to ride first. I chose the bicycle for my ride and looked at him. He smiled and nodded which I understood to indicated the bicycle suited perfect.“He is so sweet,” I though and smiled back. He shrugged. I made a cute baby face at him. He laughed and I always loved when he did so.

I felt blessed for having him as my boyfriend. Wearing tenderness and care on his face as it seemed that  he did not want me to cycle without him by my side. But I was not going to be alone as I was in team and being a mature person I could take care of myself.

"Ney!Are you ready?" He asked.
(Ney is the short form of "Honey" and we both used the same term to interact with each other)
"Yep I am," I replied.
"I will be fine," I said to him showing my happy and excited face while hooping on the bicycle.
"Yeah you will," He replied back.

In a second, sitting on the bicycle ready to paddle without looking at him I balanced myself and started paddling.

"Be careful Ney," He shouted at me.

The other team members were already paddling in front of me and I needed to catch up with them. I was so excited as itn was going to be a twenty minutes ride. all I wanted was to enjoy the ride and reach the finishing point with the team.

I love cycling. Its the easiest sport that I am able to do. Apart from cycling, I love climbing (but never did rock climbing ever in my life). I also like to play ball .... volleyball and basketball but I had the incident during my secondary school  when accidentally twisted my little finger while catching the ball. It swelled badly and I was in pain for two weeks.

Since then I determined never to participate in any sport activities involving ball. That was also the reason why my left hand’s little finger could not grow to its original form but got fat and short.
I like it as it makes me different from others.”

Though I was not really good with cycling ... Good as professional cyclists but I knew how to balance myself and paddle...at least I had something that I loved doing and was able to do. I was proud of myself.

While paddling and enjoying the surrounding, I carelessly made myself out of balance and ...
"urgghhh!!!!" I fell down from my bicycle. I was in panic for a while. Few of the team members stopped and helped me out. I  had  scratches on my knee and elbow. Overcame with my excitement, I did not feel the horrible pain yet it was bleeding. Such incident was normal during sport. I thanked the team members who helped and said "No worry, I am okay.” I hooped on the bicycle again and started paddling again. That time slowly and carefully. Slowly, I paddled and paddled without care much about my wounds and finally yeah!! I was the last person to reach the ending point. what a shame!! There, he was standing waiting for me and when he saw me,  he rushed towards me. 

"Are you okay ney?" He asked. His face was tightened and worried.

"I am fine but I fell off the bike," I replied back showing him bleeding scratches.With a smile I told him that I was overexcited which got me overbalanced and I fell down.  

He led me to somewhere far from the others and scanned on my bleeding knee and elbow and comforted me.

"I knew it! I had a bad feeling earlier when you hooped on the bike and started paddling. I was worried. Then someone said  Ney fell down and was bleeding and I was so worried. Sit here and wait for my return," he said.  He patted on my shoulder and hooped on his bike to catch with the others from team B. 

"Be careful Ney,” I shouted at him.


Henry P.O.V

As I watched her hooped on the bike, I had uneasy feelings inside me telling that something bad would happen to her but I observed silence and yet I was worried.

"Ney, You ready?" I had asked.
"Yep I am," She had replied.
"I will be fine," she had said showing her happy and excited face while hooping on her bike.
"Yeah you will," I had replied.

She was in her position ready to paddle the bike. Without looking at me she balanced herself and started to paddle.

"Be careful Ney," I shouted in hope she could hear me.

As I watched her confidently and excitedly paddling, the strong sense of uneasiness and worries warned that something bad would happen to her kept bothering me but I told myself to stop worrying and let the feelings go.

'She will be just fine... don't think much,’ I forced my own deep voice to say these word as to affirm and to divert my negative feelings to positive one. It was going to be only twenty minutes ride and she would be fine!! But based on her character, she always acted confidently but sometimes could be very careless.

“She never really can tell when she is in danger and I feel bad that I am not paddling together with her,” I thought.

She always showed that confident, looked at me when doing something but ended up the other way round. She might think she could ride well but she didn't. That over excitement facial expression really bothered me.

I waited patiently for the team to reach the ending point. fifteen minutes passed, I could see some of the team members paddling fast to the last point. Twenty minutes passed, most of the team members were returning back. I was standing and looking for her appearance.

'She paddled too slow,' I shrugd with a little smile on my face.
"Henry, Your girlfriend fell off the bike and she's bleeding and is still paddling slowly behind," one of the members who just reached the ending point said to me and I started to worry again. 
“My instinct was correct. It was not my feelings but it was a warning that coming from my instinct. I don't know how I can have such strong instinct towards her. I must be very much in love with her since I am able to feel this way. Well, of course I love her,” I felt.

I waited patiently for her return when finally I saw her paddling hardly and slowly to reach the ending point.

And when I saw her coming slowly, I ran towards her and saw a nervous smile on her face. “Damn! is she smiling? she still acted as nothing happened,” I said.

"Are you okay Ney?" I ask with a worried look. 
"I am fine but I fell off from the bike," she replied back showing me he bleeding scratches. with a nervous voice she told me how she was overexcited which made her overbalanced and fell down.

Such a stubborn girl. She knew she was bleeding yet she manged to laugh as it was not serious at all. I helped her to get of her bike  and led her far from the others. I didn't care much of my surrounding but all I cared of  her scratches on the knee and elbow. She showed me her scratches.

"Did she know that i was worried about her? Does she know how deep in am involved in her, even to the extent that i can sense and predict the evil things which could happen to her? No, she doesn't because she is a girl and girl never understands such feelings."

"I knew it as I had a bad feeling earlier when you hooped on the bike and started paddling. I was worried, then one of them said you  had fallen down and was bleeding and I was so much worried. Sit here and waited for my return," I told her.

It was then  the team B turns to ride  and I patted on her shoulder, hooped on the bike and told her to wait for my return and started to paddle.

"Be careful Ney!" I heard her shouting at me from behind. I nodded and smiled at her last words and paddled fast to catch the others. 



                     ******************THE END OF LOVE & BICYCLE*************

~Mea~

** Story Edited by Mr. F



No comments:

Post a Comment